Friday, January 14, 2011

Floods 2011

Well, the south east corner of Queensland did not miss out after all. This has been a disaster, especially for the people in the Lockyer Valley. I’m sure everyone has seen it on the news... many lives lost... just tragic.
I will post some pictures I took in Ipswich the other day when we went for a walk. Most of the water in Ipswich and Brisbane has gone down and a big clean-up is under way.  Thankfully, my house is on high ground but I do know people who have been affected by the floods. It’s like 1974, all over again.
On the home front, all is well. I have been visiting Mum and I enjoy hearing about the goings-on at the nursing home. I’ve just looked around and realised my Christmas tree is still up. I must get around to putting it away.

I used to work at the shop behind this house, many years ago

Cnr of Roseberry Pde & Elizabeth St, Ipswich

Intersection of East St & Brisbane St, Ipswich

Looking across Timothy Maloney Park, towards St. Mary's Church

Bremer St, Ipswich

Riverlink shopping centre, taken from David Trumpy Bridge, Ipswich

1 comment:

  1. Oh my how tragic for so many people. I don't have television in my home but have been following the news on-line. How frightening...the world seems to really be taking a beating these days. Thank you for sharing these photos. Good to hear you are staying dry...and mom too I take it?

    ReplyDelete