Monday, January 3, 2011

Floods 2010/11

I have to say, I still don’t know how the South East corner missed out on the worst of the flooding and I really feel for the people in the affected areas. I was out and about last week, taking some photos but it’s nothing like what they’re experiencing in Central Queensland. I haven’t seen the grass so green here in a long time and doesn’t it grow fast now?!  I’m thankful that our boarder doesn’t mind mowing the lawn for me.
I spent some time with Mum today and she gave me some tips for completing the bag I’m making. It’s coming along well and I’d forgotten how satisfying it is to make something with my hands. I stalled for a while because I had to rethread my overlocker. The threads were VERY tangled as a result of over-zealous vacuuming to get the dust off it... oops! Full steam ahead now, I can see the end result in my mind...
Roxy seems to have developed a skin condition so it’s off to the vet with her soon.  
In the meantime here are some pictures I’ve taken of the flooding in our area. Most of the water has receded now, unlike other parts of the state.
Youngs Crossing, Petrie

Young's Crossing, Petrie

North Pine Dam, Brisbane

Bremer River, Ipswich

Wivenhoe Dam: all 5 floodgates open

Spray and mist at Wivenhoe Dam

Water flowing out from Wivenhoe Dam

Making progress, zipper and end panels are next

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you have posted. I was wondering how you were making out with all the flooding. You are making great progress on your bag. I hear ya about your serger...I have a brand new one that I don't use because I have not taken the time to sit and learn how to thread it. What a shame! Look forward to your posts...Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete